The moral cancer of right-wing lunacy and treason fever will further mutate and metastasize as the major loonies of the massive and dangerous Trump cult gather in rallies to declare lying megalomaniac Republican despot Donald Trump as the true president who will be returned to our White House in August 2021. Or September. (As with end-of-the-world doomsayers throughout history, those date predictions always slip away without a single challenge by the lemmings who believe them.) [https://www.msnbc.com/opinion/trump-s-august-election-reinstatement-theory-even-worse-it-looks-n1269716]
The massive nut squad vehemently and fraudulently declares that their Jim Jones-like cult leader is the ruler of the free world and will again seize our White House.
Their treason is embraced by nearly 25% OF AMERICANS! The lunatic asylum gathering in uniquely Reich-like Trump rallies will further inflame this ignorance and sedition.
As a reminder of how willingly deluded one quarter of Americans have chosen to be, these are the historical facts about the Great American Stumble into Trump tyranny:
1) In 2016, Hillary Clinton was heavily favored and presumed to become our President. Lots of people happily thought badly of her, but expected her to win. That, coupled with the FBI’s Comey announcement at the last minute about the god-damn emails, created the phenomenon of the largest voting bloc in the USA: the American NONVOTER.
They gave the White House to Trump.
About 30% of Americans eligible to vote decided not to, a higher percentage than the portion of our country who voted for either Trump or Hillary Clinton. [https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/politics/wp/2018/08/09/new-data-makes-it-clear-nonvoters-handed-trump-the-presidency/]
The American NONVOTER handed the presidency to Republican despot Donald Trump because most of them assumed Hillary was a shoo-in. Or, completely absurd in retrospect, they just didn’t like Hillary—the successful result of three decades of constant slander against her by the right wing. The largest proportion of nonvoters were Democrats. The right-wing, on the other hand, driven by Trump’s exploitation and manipulation of hate, anger, bigotry, greed, and fear, were wildly driven to loudly assert themselves by voting. Those who want to oppress others are keenly aware that voting is their tool.
2) On the night of the 2016 election day, most Americans were horrified to learn that we had inadvertently handed the presidency to Trump. The feeling of universal loss was more harsh than any other election I lived through (which is a lot).
In 2016, a large majority (75%) of Americans shared one reaction: surprise. 42% describe one of their reactions as “afraid!” (And, we have learned, rightly so.) [https://news.gallup.com/poll/197375/trump-victory-surprises-americans-four-afraid.aspx]
3) That shock and the resulting constant damage to integrity, decency, humanity, and American democracy inflicted on us by the Trump Reich motivated Americans to never be complacent about American democracy again.
In the first opportunity to try to correct the damage done in 2016, Americans turned out in record numbers to vote in the battle of the 2018 Midterm Elections. This surge of voters in unprecedented numbers for a mid-term election began to crack the damage done by the regretful American NONVOTER. Both sides—Trump supporters versus American patriots—were invigorated to vote.
The 2018 elections had the highest turnout of any mid-term election in decades. Voter turnout went up among all voting age and major racial and ethnic groups. An astonishing 53% of the citizen voting-age population voted in 2018 midterms. [https://www.census.gov/library/stories/2019/04/behind-2018-united-states-midterm-election-turnout.html]
4) In our first opportunity to remove the twice-impeached lying megalomaniac despot from our White House, voter turnout again increased as Americans were committed to repair the damage done in 2016, ousting Trump as soon as possible in order to save American democracy.
Despite unique challenges to voter registration and voting created by COVID-19 and heightened concerns about turnout as a result, the 2020 election had the highest voter turnout of the 21st century.
The 2020 election featured the largest increase in voters between two presidential elections on record with 17 million more people voting than in 2016. The huge voting bloc of the American NONVOTER disintegrated because of Trump. [https://www.census.gov/library/stories/2021/04/record-high-turnout-in-2020-general-election.html]
5) Americans demanded the removal of the Trump Reich and its threat to American democracy. We were horrified by the butchering of our fellow citizens by the despot’s deliberate mishandling of the pandemic for his own political plot. We were disgusted by his attempts to cripple our ability to vote by crippling the USPS, accusing us of fraud, and declaring any chance of his loss to mean a conspiracy. We were astonished by his constant destruction of truth and facts. We were repulsed by his bigotry and racism giving rise to White Supremacy and creating new violence against Asians, immigrants, gays, and others. We hated his packing of what is now his Trump SCOTUS.
We demanded his removal.
The certified final tally of our votes in the battle of the 2020 presidential election:
Joe Biden 81,282,916
Donald Trump 74,223,369
With more votes cast than ever before, Americans determined to fix the mistake of 2016. Committed to participate in our democracy rather than wrongly sitting it out as NONVOTERs, all of us removed Republican despot Donald Trump.
Joe Biden received more than 81 million votes, the most votes ever cast for a candidate in a U.S. presidential election. That’s how determined patriotic Americans were to save our democracy and decency. [https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_United_States_presidential_election] This amazing turnout was the logical outgrowth of what happened in 2016 and 2018.
THAT’S WHAT REALLY HAPPENED. BUT…
After all this, today the lying megalomaniac has convinced his massive and dangerous cult that the presidential election—and only the presidential election; all the Republicans who got voted in somehow won fair-and-square—was a massive fraud. He calls 81,000,000 million Americans crooks, which is what we expect from a conman responsible for killing 40% of the more than 650,000 Americans killed by his deliberate deceitful mishandling of the pandemic.
Lying megalomaniac Republican despot Donald Trump was legitimately and properly ousted by patriotic Americans determined to save American democracy from his authoritarian tyranny.
Our fight continues.